While I really love the performance delivered by my Asus TUF A15 laptop, there are certain issues that nag me from time to time. One of such issue is the touchpad on Asus TUF A15 does not always work as expected. When you try to scroll a web-page or a window with two finger swipe, it doesn’t recognize it always and moves the cursor instead. This has been quite frustrating until I found a solution thanks to a reddit user.
Asus TUF A15 Trackpad Issues
Here are the issues that you would generally face with the default Asus touchpad drivers installed on the device:
- Two finger scroll not always working.
- Single tap/click not working sometimes.
- Multi-touch not properly recognized.
Even with the latest Windows update, the installed driver doesn’t seem to improve, and one generally has to resort to an external mouse which works flawlessly.
However if you want to fix the trackpad on Asus TUF A15, you will need to replace the Asus provided driver with the default Windows driver. Let us see below how we can do it.
Fix Asus TUF A15 Trackpad Issues
- Open Device manager (search for it after pressing Windows Key)
- Find “Human Interface Devices” and expand it.
- Find a listing from “Asus precision touchpad”. This is the your trackpad device Asus precision touchpad is installed for it.
- Right-click on “Asus precision touchpad” and click update driver.
- Choose “Browse my computer for drivers” and then choose “let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”
- Find and select “HID-compliant touch pad” which should be listed on the list of available drivers on your computer.
- Click “next” and then “close”.
This should install the “HID-compliant touch pad” drivers provided by Windows for your Asus touchpad and your touchpad should start working normally. As per my experience it was able to recognize all the gestures after that.
Your device manager will now show “HID-compliant touch pad” in the device manager instead of the “Asus precision touchpad”. This should not be a problem and everything works as expected with the new driver. I hope that Asus or Windows will be able to provide an automatic fix for this issue for Asus TUF A15 laptop users.
Do let us know in comments if this solves your problem or if you are facing any issues with this fix.