A logo plays an important role in building up your brand’s image and getting the perfect logo designed for your business is not an easy task. A good logo designer must keep a few key things in mind while designing a logo and in this article we will be taking a look at some of the tips to design a great logo.
Whether you are looking for a technology company logo or for any other business, having a memorable and impactful logo is desirable. Find below an infographic with 14 must know tips in order to design a great logo:
Tips for logo design:
- Conduct market research and create a brand strategy to tell the story of your business.
- Keep your logo simple as simpler logo is easier to memorize.
- Have a unique element in your logo which the users will remember.
- Speak to your audience to learn about their expectations.
- Don’t fall pray to design trends such as gradients and shadows, keep your logo timeless.
- Use an appropriate typeface to add a personality to your logo.
- Use negative space if possible to add an extra effect.
- Use italic font or angle cuts to add movement if needed.
- Use a consistent color scheme.
- Use recognizable symbols to express brand’s key attributes such as shipping, maintenance etc.
- Utilize basic shapes such as circle, ovals, curves etc to project positive emotional message.
- Keep a balanced aspect ratio for your logo.
- Aim for your logo to be instantly recognizable.
- Add a unique element to make your logo memorable.
If you found the above infographic helpful, then we also found a few other infographics listed below to help you design the perfect logo:
- The Psychology of Color in Logo Design
- How to Design a Creative Two-Letter Logo
- 7 Lessons from the Most Successful Logo Redesigns
- 6 Infographics to help you Design the Perfect Logo
Don’t forget to check our logo design archive for some creative logo design templates as well as tips.