From offline world to the online world and from the online world to the social media world, businesses are going a long way in the promotion of products and services. The current generation of businesses is under the compulsion to host multiple web platforms to promote the main website.
On the other hand, the mere presence in the social media world is not going to deliver the goods. The active engagement through social media will help promote your products and services. It is essential to track the performance of social media marketing campaigns to assess the impact and to instigate with much further vigor.
There are a number of free and paid tools available in the market to track your social media performance. Google Analytics is one of the best free tools. You can use Google Analytics to monitor various campaigns launched through social media channels.
You will be able to check the demographic statistics. You will be able to trace the impact of promotions in various ways. You can find on what specific day a large number of visitors landed on your site.
You can find the devices and web browsers used by visitors. You can find visitors’ preferred timings. You will be able to understand the keywords that attracted a large number of visitors.
Such kind of information will help you understand the visitors’ choices and will help you figure out the effectiveness of your social media campaigns.
You will be able to fine tune your campaigns and thus can draw maximum benefit from your social channels.
- It is important to define key parameters. At the same time, you should also measure them. You should be able to track the metrics, compare the metrics with standard benchmarks and should be able to analyze the data.
- You should be able to find the impact of various social media campaigns on new visitors. If you are able to track the ways and means through which new visitors are landing on your site, you can further enhance your promotions.
- If you are able to identify social media influencers, you will be able to nourish them with more stuff. The influencers in return will reward you being able to distribute information in a better way and will be able to engage and attract new visitors to your site.
- You should be able to understand the preferred ways through which majority of the visitors are interested in sharing the information on social networks. For example, if you are able to generate more valuable visitors by posting a comprehensive product review, you are encouraged to increase such kind of promotions.
- While it is important to attract more number of visitors, at the end of the day, what matters most is the conversion of inquiries into sales. To achieve this, you should be able to find the impact of various call-to-action parameters placed on the website. For example, the prompt for email subscription, clicks on Facebook Like button, Tweeting and re-Tweeting the links posted on your Twitter campaign, etc. are important measurable parameters.
Engage and reward
It is essential to engage visitors generated through social media networks. Here is room for creativity. The way you present information and the way you conduct thought-provoking interactions on social media channels will really make a big difference in the promotion of your site.
You can engage your customers through emails as well where you will be able to offer a personal touch. You can also offer special discounts and free offers to your valued customers who have contributed to the growth of your business.
You should be able engage audience in various ways. By offering special discounts to those who contacted you through ocsial media channels will make them feel alighted and they won’t hesitate to spread the news to their peers.
By being able to trace the key influencers, you can reward them in appropriate ways. Rewarding will motivate them to promote your cause.
By engaging in an effective manner with your audience, you will be able to win their confidence. You will be able to promote your brand. You will be able to create authority in your niche.
As you grow in stature in your social media campaigns, you will be able to manage the growth by doing further research on changing technologies and changing lifestyles. You will be able to seize the opportunities and keep track of your social media performance at optimum levels.