Research and development on Android OS is going deep to fulfill user requirements. Since the earlier versions of Android had performance issues, Google has brought out an advanced version of Android, ‘Jelly Bean’.
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean are two versions of Android Jelly Bean. These new Androids are just a mathematical jump from the previously launched Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Android 4.1 jelly bean has aimed to boost user experience by bestowing excellent level of smoothness of visuals and application processing. It was released on July 9, 2012. Nexus 7 tablet was the first device to run on Jelly Bean.
Jelly bean 4.1 has offered users with many adorable features. They are
- Triple buffering
- Automatic widget resizing
- Google Now
- Advanced notification panel
- Offline voice typing
- NFC enabled
- Predictive keywords
Triple buffering: gives you the essence of smoothness.
Automatic widget resizing: Size of icons change according to space and according to home screen it has been introduced.
Google now: Search results are given automatically with this application.
Advanced notification panel: In this, notification details are shown in panel directly.
Offline voice typing: Voice typing with no data connectivity.
NFC: NFC is a Near Field communication technology.
Predictive keywords: Enables the user to select the needed keywords according to their requirements.
Other features are as follows
- This fastest and smoothest Android is more reactive and gives you a uniform touch experience.
- Responsive nature is increased by boosting CPU instantly while touching and it is turned down when not necessary, thereby increasing the battery life.
- Personalizing home screen and interacting with favorite apps are easy.
- You can seamlessly take and share photos since it is super fast.
- Voice typing is possible without data connection and it is even better when compared to other releases.
- To fit external Braille input and output devices, Jelly Bean has provided support.
- Gesture mode can be used by blind to navigate the UI with speech output.
- Web Pages load faster with updated programming.
- Animations in calendar make it colorful and attractive.
- In notifications, you can view full photo and full text.
- To your queries, precise answers can be got through enhanced Google search.
- Different cards like weather card, traffic card, transit card, places card, flight card, currency card etc appear to keep you updated.
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
Android 4.2 Jell Bean is a new flavor and it is the biggest innovation in multiuser support. It was released on November 13, 2012. Samsung’s Nexus 10 and LG’s Nexus 4 were the first devices to run on this version
Android 4.2 has excellent features that are listed below
- Gesture typing
- Multi user support
- Smart screen savers
- Miracast – support for wireless display
- Lock screen widgets
- Quick controls
Gesture typing: By sliding your fingers across keys you can input the needed text.
Multi user support: Multiple users can have own home screens, apps, widgets etc only on Android 4.2 powered tablets.
Smart screen savers: Daydream is a smart screen saver that shows you news headlines, photo slideshows etc.
Miracast: Internet TV shows and movies from tablets and smartphones can be streamed with Miracast adapters. Miracast is 802.11n compatible network protocol and is a trade name for WiDi.
Lock screen widgets: With this, you can view things like time, weather etc even though your device is locked.
Quick controls: With the improved performance, control of the device can be done quickly.
Other features are listed below
- Updated version of kernel is used for enhanced security and memory utilization.
- Getting information is easier with better Google now.
- Useful information is displayed by Daydream when the device is idle or docked.
- Instant actions can be taken from notifications.
- It has an amazing photo sphere camera (a 360 degree panorama mode).
- Spaces are added automatically in text messages and sentences in text can be completed easily through predicted words.
- Has updated Gmail and brand new clock app.
The improved functionalities are useful for technology geeks. The updated version 4.2.1 fixed a bug and added joysticks and Bluetooth game pads The new versions of Google is a definitely a treat for Android lovers.